A Valley Like This is one of the seven Methow Valley poems by William Stafford. The poems are placed along the watershed of the Methow Valley, from Washington Pass to the Columbia River. This is the poem that was read at our wedding.
The locations of all seven poems:
- Time for Serenity, Anyone? – where the Methow River meets the Columbia.
- From the Wild People – between the towns of Methow and Carlton.
- Ask Me – north of the ranger station in Winthrop.
- Is This Feeling About the West Real? – also north of the ranger station in Winthrop.
- Where We Are – near the suspension footbridge east of Mazama.
- Silver Star – in front of Silver Star mountain.
- A Valley Like This – at the scenic overlook at Washington Pass.